Auditions for the 2015-16 Lady Raider Dance Team will be held this summer. If you or someone you know would like to be part of the Richmond region’s premier dance and cheer squad, please email Kelly Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the minimum qualifications to be a Lady Raider?
• Must be at least 18 by October 1, 2015.
• Hold a full/part-time job, or attend school full time, or have a family
• Have a High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Are there any height and weight requirements?
You should look well proportioned and be physically fit; but we have no set limits. We DO NOT have a minimum or maximum height/weight requirement.
Will I make the squad if I have a tattoo?
If it is visible in the uniform or practice wear, you must have it covered with make up at all times.
How should I wear my hair and make-up?
Your hairstyle should compliment your features. Make-up should have colors that compliment you! Think glamorous.
Can my family watch any part of the auditions?
No, auditions are closed to the public. However, the final round of auditions are open to the public.
Do I have to take the prep classes?
No, however it is highly recommended that you take as many prep classes as possible to prepare you for the Lady Raider style.
Do I have to attend all days of the auditions?
YES, you must start the first day and should plan on staying during the entire audition.
If I don’t make the team, are there other opportunities to be a part of the Raider organization?
Yes, we have a Lady Raider Ambassador squad. Lady Raider Ambassadors are chosen based on appearance, speaking ability and personality.
When, where and how much do the Lady Raiders rehearse?
• Anywhere from 1-2 days per week.
• Full squad rehearsals are primarily held on Wednesday and Friday nights from 7:30 pm until 10:30 pm.
What will the judges focus on?
• Dance Technique
• Personal Appearance/Figure
How much of a time commitment is being a Lady Raider?
In addition to attending every rehearsal and game, the Lady Raiders participate in several appearances a year. Each Lady Raider should plan on making at least 15 appearances during her year.
What should I wear to auditions?
• A crop top (sports bra, stomach must show) and dance trunks/briefs (recommended) or short biker shorts.
Keep in mind the judges need to be able to picture what you would look like in the Lady Raiders uniform. Your outfit can be any color and any style.
• Flesh-colored pantyhose, dance tights
• Dance Sneaker, or Jazz shoes.
What do I need to bring to the auditions?
• Bring your audition application form completed with an attached non-returnable photo. Click here for application
• If you apply onsite the day of auditions, you will need to bring a non-returnable recent photo along with your application.
• Bring a lunch or snack and a water bottle.
• $35 application fee in the form of cash or money order
If I make the squad, do I have to be in the Calendar?
Yes, all Lady Raiders are required to attend the Calendar Shoot, which will be held during the 3 week period after auditions.